A themed book tour through Prism Book Tours.
(The Lily Sparrow Chronicles #1)
by Kristee Ravan
YA Urban Fantasy
Paperback, 367 pages
March 17th 2014

Fairy tales are naturally non-mathematical. That is a fact, and fifteen-year-old Lily Sparrow loves factual, mathematical logic. So when her mother confesses that Lily’s deceased father is (a) not dead, (b) coming to dinner, and (c) the ruler of a fairy tale kingdom accessible through the upstairs bathtub, Lily clings to her math to help her make sense of this new double life (1 life in the real world + 1 secret life in the fairy tale world = a double life).
Even though it’s not mathematical, Lily finds herself being pulled into a mystery involving an unhappy Cinderella, a greasy sycophant called Levi, and a slew of vanishing fairy tale characters. Racing against the clock, with a sound mathematical plan, Lily attempts to save her fairy tale friends while proving that normality = happiness.
YA Urban Fantasy
Paperback, 367 pages
March 17th 2014

Fairy tales are naturally non-mathematical. That is a fact, and fifteen-year-old Lily Sparrow loves factual, mathematical logic. So when her mother confesses that Lily’s deceased father is (a) not dead, (b) coming to dinner, and (c) the ruler of a fairy tale kingdom accessible through the upstairs bathtub, Lily clings to her math to help her make sense of this new double life (1 life in the real world + 1 secret life in the fairy tale world = a double life).
Even though it’s not mathematical, Lily finds herself being pulled into a mystery involving an unhappy Cinderella, a greasy sycophant called Levi, and a slew of vanishing fairy tale characters. Racing against the clock, with a sound mathematical plan, Lily attempts to save her fairy tale friends while proving that normality = happiness.
Calling for Reviewers!
We're looking for reviewers! You don't need a blog to sign up, but you do need to at least post a review on Amazon. Other sites (blog, Goodreads, etc.) are also appreciated. Reviews must be completed by the end of November. To sign up, please fill out this form.
Guest Post
My Inspiration
Once upon a time,
in a library far, far away, I discovered the fairy tale shelf. I remember it
was in a sunny area. The books were smaller than normal and were a part
of a set. I checked them out over and over again. I’m sure my
seven-year-old self had heard or had all these fairy tales read to her before,
but this was the first time, I was able to read them for myself. This began a
life-long love for fairy tales, both their original versions (The Little
Mermaid turns to sea foam and dies. Check. Beauty asked her dad to bring her a
rose. I know that. Rapunzel’s name is derived from the name a
type of salad green. Bring it on!) and the
modern versions. My sister and I LOVED
this weird film version of Cinderella called “If the Shoe Fits,” starring
Jennifer Grey as the Cinderella character. We watched it over and over. My dad
was often stationed overseas with the Air Force and would bring back fairy tale
books from all over the world. Korean
Cinderella got some serious love in our family.
And when fairy tales began to be retold and expanded into novel form
became popular, I read them right up.
So
once upon a time, on a break from college, I told my sister she should read Ella Enchante” by Gail Carson
Levine. I knew she would like it and she
did. She liked it so much she stayed up
all night reading it. (We both suffer
from book self-control issues.) She told
me I should write a book like that, something with Cinderella. I had started writing a LOT
of books in my time and even completed a silly teen romance novel. I stored her suggestion away in my mind….
Until once upon a
time, in a college, far, far away, my roommate confused two simple fairy
tales. I don’t remember exactly what the
mistake was, but it was something everyone should have known, like that
Sleeping Beauty didn’t have a stepmother or that Rapunzel was the one locked in
a tower. Her defense for this error
against all the loveliness of fairy tales was that she was too busy being a
math major to remember that stuff.
I like math. Probably more than the normal amount a person
should like it, but less than a math major. I started wondering…what if a
person, really devoted to math and logic
and order, found out she had a seriously illogical and unmathematical back
story that she knew nothing about?
So while I was
supposed to be taking notes about the teachers I was observing in student
teaching, I started planning and writing The
Cinderella Theorem.
Tour-Wide Giveaway
5 copies of The Cinderella Theorem (print for US winners, ebook for international winners)
Ends August 31st




No comments:
Post a Comment