Thursday, April 10, 2014

Blog Tour {Interview & Giveaway} SMALL TOWN SPIN by LynDee Walker


I have enjoyed reading A Headlines in High Heels Mystery. Nichelle really knows how to use her heels. ~readalot

LynDee Walker is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors and Nichelle Clarke one of my favorite protagonists. I started this story and just couldn’t put it down.


Small Town Spin
Paperback: 280 pages
Publisher: Henery Press; First edition (April 8, 2014)
ISBN-13: 978-1940976037
E-Book Links Coming Soon!!

goodreads-badge-add-plus

Synopsis

When a superstar athlete’s son turns up dead in a tiny town on the Virginia coast, crime reporter Nichelle Clarke gets the inside scoop. But she quickly spies a gaping hole her inner Lois Lane cannot ignore.

Determined to unravel the mystery, Nichelle fights off paparazzi cameras and an unexpected rival. She uncovers an illegal moonshine operation, a string of copycat suicides, and a slew of closets stacked with more skeletons than slingbacks. Chasing a killer who’s a breath from getting away with murder, Nichelle realizes too late the culprit has her number—and it might be up.

About LynDee Walker

LynDee Walker’s award-winning journalistic work has appeared in newspapers and magazines across the nation. After nearly a decade covering crime, courts, and local politics, she left full-time reporting for motherhood with a side of freelancing and fiction writing. Small Town Spin is the third in her bestselling Headlines in High Heels Mystery series. The fourth arrives January 2015.

LynDee adores her family, her readers, and enchiladas. She often works out tricky plot points while walking off the enchiladas. She lives in Richmond, Virginia, where she is either playing with her children or working on her next novel (but probably not cleaning her house).

Interview

Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects?
I'm currently finishing up the fourth Headlines in High Heels novel, DEVIL IN THE DEADLINE, which is scheduled to launch in January 2015. I'm also making notes for another mystery series (I can hear my family's collective forehead slap from here) and still thinking about my women's fiction manuscript that's been waiting on the back burner for too long.

My goal, with every book, is to make it a better book than the last one.

Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.
Every time I've had the chance to meet or hear from a reader who loves my characters. The best thing about the publishing industry is that it's the business of connecting authors with readers.

What’s one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?
Don't give up. Trite, but true. The industry is a little crazy and can be disheartening at times, but if a traditional contract (large house or small press) is your goal, keep trying.

Which authors have influenced you most and how?
That list is far too long to type for fear of carpal tunnel. I think every author we read influences our writing in some way, and I'm a book nerd from way back. Can I just say "all of them?" All of them!

What’s your favorite season/weather?
SUMMER! I'm typing this in late March of the winter that wouldn't die, and I am so ready for sunshine and flip flops. I love Virginia summers: long, lazy days by the pool with the children, balmy nights, trips to the beach. Hurry up, June!

What TV show/movie/book do you watch/read that you’d be embarrassed to admit?
I honestly don't have an answer for this, because I don't get embarrassed by such things. It's all something someone worked hard to create, and I'm finding that the older I get, the less patience I have for things that don't hold my interest. So if I'm going to spend my time watching it or reading it rather than playing with my kids, writing, or doing laundry, I can't imagine why I'd be embarrassed to admit that.

Favorite smell?
It's a tie. Non-gushy: honeysuckle. There's a vine next to our driveway that blooms in late spring, and it's the best smell in the universe. Super-gushy: my hubby. He wears cologne sometimes, but there's just something...almost magical about how good he smells, with or without it. Though I kind of hope I'm the only one who thinks that!

What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
I'm a sappy romantic. And a total Disney nerd. Love the movies, love the parks, and love the rides.

Happiest moment in your life so far.
I am a girl blessed, so there are many. My wedding, giggling with my husband as the pastor tried to give us the wrong rings. If I didn't know it already, I got that it was forever right then. Why? Couldn't tell you. But it was a great feeling. Tied, of course, with the first time I saw each of my three babies. I know it's cliche, but I think there's a reason for that. There's nothing like setting eyes on a person for the first time, knowing you love them so much there's nothing you wouldn't do for them.

Author Links
Twitter @LynDeeWalker

***Giveaway***
a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments: