I love reading about Lucy and her companions along with the dogs and all the antics they were up to. It was definitely a different spin on a normal cozy mystery and definitely worth the adventure you get taken on.
This laugh out loud funny whodunit will keep you reading until the end and wanting more.
Cozy Mystery
Publisher: Lead Dog Books (March 3, 2014)
File Size: 826 KB
Print Length: 215 pages
ASIN: B00IROM6BC
Synopsis
No good deed goes unpunished. The rule has kept Lucy Mathews out of trouble for most of her 29 years. That is until her part-time partner decides Lucy’s image needs a little polishing and shoves her in front of every do-good bandwagon she can find.
Luckily for Lucy, her dream charity runs right up to her doorstep in the form of a sexy Canadian musher who’s in town to help organize the local sled dog race.
Not so luckily for Lucy, sexy Canadians and detective boyfriends do not a happy mixture make.
One dead race organizer, a group of rambunctious octogenarians, and a team of sled dogs in need of a home later and Lucy is confident this punishment is more than anyone, much less one lone antique store owner, can handle.
Other books in the Dusty Deals Mystery Series…
Loose Screw
Cut Loose
Loosey Goosey
Loose & Lethal: Dusty Deals Mystery Series Box Set: Books 1 -3
Coming Soon….
Love on the Loose (A Dusty Deals Mystery Series novella)
About This Author
Rae Davies is the pen name of author Lori Devoti.
Lori Devoti worked for three different newspapers in two different states before deciding to stay home with her children and begin writing fiction. Lori has been a finalist for many awards including the Romantic Times Reviewers Choice Award and is a member of Novelists Inc., a prestigious group for professional writers. She lives near Madison, Wisconsin with her husband and children as well as two dogs.
Like Lucy, Rae/Lori loves antiques, Montana and malamutes.
Interview
How much of a story did you have
in mind before you started writing?
I usually
know the basic set-up. My Dusty Deals Mystery books happen in chronological
order from one book to the next. The first book, Loose Screw, was set in the spring. So the next was a summer book.
Then I pick an event to have during that time. So, Loose Screw had a jazz festival in it and Cut Loose was during the rodeo. This then gives me an idea for
either the killer or the victim.
Let Loose was a winter book. So, of
course, I had to do a sled dog race. That led to the victim and the various
motives for killing him.
How do you cope with writer’s
block?
I
haven’t had a ton of issues with writer’s block for most of my books. Let Loose was, however, one of the few
that I did. Mainly it was because of things going on in my personal life though
and nothing to do with the book. Sometimes you just have to give yourself
permission to not write and do the other things that need to be done.
Is there a message in your
writing you want readers to grasp?
Every
book has a message. With the Dusty Deals books I give my main character some
issue she is dealing with in each book. It isn’t a preachy “do this” kind of
message, but it is definitely some lesson for Lucy to learn or personal fault
to grow past.
What is a typical writing day
like for you? How many hours do you write per week?
I
really don’t have a typical writing day. In addition to writing, I teach
writing and do ebook formatting for other authors. Since specific people are
paying me for those things and expect the jobs done in a set time, I have to
give them precedence. I might go a week without writing to get all of that
cleared out of my inbox and then dedicate myself back to whatever book I am
working on.
How much of yourself is hidden in
the characters in your book?
There is a lot of me in most of my books. Maybe not my
personal strengths and weaknesses, but certainly my past experiences and people
and places that I have encountered through life. Lucy actually lives in a house
that I lived in and many of her tastes/preferences come from my own. It makes
it kind of funny when someone writes me and tells me she can’t like a certain
thing or think a certain way.
Have you always wanted to be a
writer?
I
wrote poetry in high school. Then I went to college and got a degree in
journalism. I had an emphasis in advertising, however, and really didn’t take
very many writing classes. Because of that I always felt I needed to tell
people that I wasn’t a writer. Then when I decided to stay home with my
daughter, I started writing. I felt funny about it for a long time, like I was
a bit of a fraud. I’m not sure who I thought writers were...
At what age did you discover your
love of writing?
In
high school.
Do you have an agent?
I’ve
had two agents in my career. At this time I do not.
Can you describe the feeling when
you saw your published book for the first time?
I sold my first book to an editor from Kensington Books
at a writing conference. I didn’t know I had sold it at the time, of course...
just that I had pitched it. Two weeks later she called to buy it. That was my
big moment. It felt surreal. That for me far outshone the experience of seeing
my first book in print.
Purchase Links



No comments:
Post a Comment