Thursday, August 21, 2014

Blog Tour {Interview & $50 Giveaway} Undertaking Irene by Pamela Burford


UNDERTAKING IRENE by Pamela Burford
Cozy Mystery – 250 Pages


Synopsis

Jane Delaney does things her paying customers can’t do, don’t want to do, don’t want to be seen doing, can’t bring themselves to do, and/or don’t want it to be known they’d paid someone to do. To dead people. Life gets complicated for Jane and her Death Diva business when she’s hired to liberate a gaudy mermaid brooch from the corpse during a wake. Well, a girl’s got to make a living, and this assignment pays better than scattering ashes, placing flowers on graves, or bawling her eyes out as a hired mourner. Unfortunately for Jane, someone else is just as eager to get his hands on that brooch, and he’s even sneakier than she is. Just when she thinks her biggest problem is grand theft mermaid, things take a murderous turn. But hey, when you’ve teamed up with a neurotic seven-pound poodle named Sexy Beast, how can you lose?

About This Author

Pamela Burford is the best-selling author of 15 works of mystery, contemporary romance, and romantic suspense. She has received four RITA and Romantic Times Reviewers Choice Award nominations and is a frequent speaker at writers’ conferences and workshops. Her books have sold millions of copies, received outstanding reviews, and been translated into more than a dozen languages. Pamela is the founder and past president of Long Island Romance Writers, a chapter of Romance Writers of America. Fun fact: her twin sister Patricia Ryan, a.k.a. P.B. Ryan, is also a published novelist

Author Links

Purchase Links

Interview

What kind of work do you like to do for fun?
Writing is fun! It’s hard work, to be sure, but fun. Plus I like creative cooking and yoga. And cuddling with Murray the Wonder Poodle, who’s the model for Sexy Beast in Undertaking Irene.

What made you like to write?
I grew up in a household filled with books. I’ve been a voracious reader for as long as I can remember. My sisters and I would write plays and act them out. Plus, my identical twin sister, Patricia Ryan (aka P.B. Ryan), is a published author. So I guess you could say it’s in my blood.

Who designed the book cover?
That sensational cover, which recalls movie posters from the 1960s, was designed by my sister Patricia Ryan. Besides being a fantastic author, she’s a gifted graphic artist. Nowadays, though, she reserves her creativity for her writing and designs covers only for folks who share her DNA. The photograph of Sexy Beast on the cover was done by my talented husband, Jeff Loeser.

Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
I have a crush on Martin, who we meet in Chapter One. Sexy Beast likes him too because he’s so alpha.

When did you start writing?
Honey, I was born with a pencil clutched in my tiny fist. I was writing stories as soon as I learned my alphabet.

How many books did you write before you were published?
Surprisingly, I published the first book I wrote shortly after it was finished. That book is Snowed, which is now available as an ebook. In all, During the past two decades, I’ve published 15 works of mystery, romantic suspense, and contemporary romance.

Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects?
I’m working on book two of the Jane Delaney mystery series, of course! The working title is Uprooting Ernie. I’m totally in love with this series and the world I created for it, an insular, well-heeled fictional town on the North Shore of Long Island.

Who is your favorite author and why?
I have to choose?!?! Okay, this week it’s Donna Tartt, because I recently finished reading The Goldfinch and loved it! As for mystery authors, I get a bad case of the “I am unworthies” whenever I read anything by Tana French, Dennis Lehane, or the late, great Elmore Leonard.


Giveaway
$50 Amazon Gift Card

No comments: