Print Length: 228 pages
Publisher: Carina Press (September 29, 2014)
ASIN: B00KV62MK4
Synopsis
Book three of The Patience Price Mysteries
With the chaos of summer tourists and fall birders out of town, counselor Patience Price is looking forward to the quiet life she remembers. She longs for some peace. And an apple fritter. But the calm is cut short when a reality show sets up camp to film a special about ghosts on her little island. Now fans, reporters and crew have flocked to sleepy Chincoteague. Who knew ghost hunters had an entourage?
When two cast members are killed in a room at the local B&B—a room usually occupied by Patience’s FBI agent boyfriend, Sebastian—she finds herself on the case. Sebastian doesn’t want Patience ruffling any feathers but, as always, she can’t help herself.
Patience promises to let Sebastian handle the investigation—he is FBI, after all—but after a drive-by shooting, her wicked curiosity gets the best of her. And with the TV show forging ahead with filming, the list of suspects (and the line of food trucks) only grows. But has the shooter already flown the coop? And how do you find a killer when you don’t know who the target is?

About Julie
Julie Anne Lindsey is a multi-genre author who
writes the stories that keep her up at night. She’s a self-proclaimed nerd with
a penchant for words and proclivity for fun. Julie lives in rural Ohio with her
husband and three small children. Today, she hopes to make someone smile. One
day she plans to change the world.
Murder
in Real Time is the conclusion to The Patience Price
Mysteries series, from Carina Press.
Learn About Julie at:
Julieannelindsey.com
Find Me on Facebook!
Tweet Me!!
Read with me on Goodreads
Pin with me on Pinterest
Blogging at Musings from the Slush Pile
Capturing life on Instagram
Guest Post
10
Fabulous Things about Chincoteague, Virginia (Setting for The Patience Price
Mysteries)
Have you ever visited a place that stuck to your
bones? The kind of place you step inside, or out of your car and POOF! The
world seemed to still? You’ve been there, right? The essence of your
surroundings seeps into your fibers and connects with your soul. It’s powerful.
It’s a feeling that changes you. I know. I’ve been somewhere like that. For me,
that place is Chincoteague, Virginia.
The island is magnificent. Slow. Simple. Beautiful. From
gorgeous sunsets and breathtaking sunrises to bleating tugboats and majestic
lighthouse, I can still close my eyes and see the weathered clapboard siding of
our rental home on the harbor. The line of gulls on our roof stalking our fresh
seafood dinner on the grill out back. The wild ponies running free in the
forest.
If you’ve never visited Chincoteague, I highly
recommend the trip. It’s a small island community. Nothing too fancy. Just a little
coastal town. Definitely my kind of place. I wish I had the words to transport
everyone there for a day or at least to encapsulate the imagery in my mind
properly onto the page. I did my best as I penned my new cozy mystery series,
but in case I missed something, I thought I’d share my ten favorite things
about the island:
- Blazing red sunrises on the harbor that set silhouettes of sailboats on fire.I can’t even expound on this. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.
- Blueberries. Strawberries. Produce from heaven.There’s a reason the Chincoteague Blueberry Festival draws such a crowd. You haven’t experienced blueberries until you’ve treated your taste buds to a handful of these.
- People riding bicycles with baskets on the frontRight? I don’t know about you, but we don’t see a lot of that here in rural Ohio. Needless to say, I rented one of those bikes immediately and followed a couple who seemed to know where they were going. They lost me somewhere between the national forest and the beach, but that was okay. My hindquarters had enough bike riding anyway. I enjoyed the peaceful walk back to town, sampling produce I’d filled my basket with on the first of several stops the couple made. In hindsight, I wonder if they ditched me on purpose.
- Fresh seafood on grills filling the breeze with salt and butterTry grilling the catch of the day while a line of seagulls wait on your rooftop for dinner ot be served. It’s an experience not to miss!
- Ice cream! The best old fashioned ice cream parlor on earthThe Island Creamery (referred to as the Tasty Cream in my stories) has the best chocolate malt on this planet, burgers to die for and a classic charm that can’t be beat. No wonder my heroine stops there so often. A contributing factor to her tightening waistband.
- The little two-theater cinema on Main StreetThe Island Roxy is adorable. There are pony images on the walls (Chincoteague is famous for her wild ponies and the book/movie classic Misty of Chincoteague). Island Roxy is like the theatres from my childhood. Tons of concession choices. Comfy seats and current movie selections – but two at a time instead of twenty.
- A library with old world charm and water viewsYou know I visited the library. I always visit the local library. I’m nosy like that. Which books get displayed in which towns? Who makes the cut? What sort of activities are available there? How are the shelves arranged? What does it smell like? (Is that one just me?)
- Wild ponies on the marsh and beachRemember what I said about the ponies? It’s true. The ponies run free and if you stay long enough, you’re bound to see them running or lounging on the beach and in the national forest. Personally, I’m terrified of horses, but there’s something magical about seeing them running together without reigns or boundaries. I’ll never forget it.
- Sunsets over the national seashore cast lavender patterns across a fading blue skyThis is another one I fumble to describe fully. Magnificent comes to mind, but doesn’t begin to do it justice.
- The subtle yet powerful separation from everything else.Speaking as an over-committed (should probably BE committed) author, who’s plugged into social media 24/7 and runs nonstop from one community/school/church activity to the next, there was incredible freedom in walking away for a week. The drawbridge linking Chincoteague to the mainland may as well have been a teleportation device to another planet. The slogan on Chincoteague’s website is “Relax. You’re on Island Time, Now.” Just reading the words slows my pulse and it’s true. Things move slower there. People are kinder and the world is at ease. If you’re stumped about where to spend your next vacation, I highly recommend Chincoteague.
If you’re looking for a fun new mystery series, I
hope you’ll consider Murder in Real Time,
book three in The Patience Price Mysteries. I mean, who doesn’t need an
island get away?
Murder
in Real Time
With the chaos of summer tourists and fall birders
out of town, counselor Patience Price is looking forward to the quiet life she
remembers. She longs for some peace. And an apple fritter. But the calm is cut
short when a reality show sets up camp to film a special about ghosts on her
little island. Now fans, reporters and crew have flocked to sleepy
Chincoteague. Who knew ghost hunters had an entourage?
When two cast members are killed in a room at the
local B&B—a room usually occupied by Patience's FBI agent boyfriend,
Sebastian—she finds herself on the case. Sebastian doesn't want Patience
ruffling any feathers but, as always, she can't help herself.
Patience promises to let Sebastian handle the
investigation—he is FBI, after all—but after a drive-by shooting, her wicked
curiosity gets the best of her. And with the TV show forging ahead with
filming, the list of suspects (and the line of food trucks) only grows. But has
the shooter already flown the coop? And how do you find a killer when you don't
know who the target is?
Purchase Links





No comments:
Post a Comment