Friday, November 29, 2013

Interviews & Giveaway ~ ALL I'M ASKING FOR: A Contemporary Christmas Anthology

Picture
 
Put love on your wish list
 
Tinsel My Heart by Christi Barth: This Christmas, the producer of a small town holiday spectacular is swept away by a handsome Hollywood director.
 
Season of Second Chances by Brighton Walsh: Being stranded in a snowstorm offers a couple a second chance at a future together.
 
Mine Under the Mistletoe by Kat Latham: An American in London helps a brooding Brit put the ghosts of Christmas past behind him.
 
Wherever you are, however you celebrate, this collection of three festive novellas will bring warmth to your holiday season.
 
Stories also available for purchase separately.

 
All I'm Asking For
 
Book Details
 
Included Novellas:
 
 
 
 
Edition: First Edition
Format: eBook
Publication Date: December, 2013
Publisher: Carina Press
 
Tour Hashtag: #ChristmasAnthology
 
 Tinsel My Heart by Christi Barth
 
 Tinsel My Heart
 
Book Details
 
Author: Christi Barth
Edition: First Edition
Format: eBook
Publication Date: December, 2013
Publisher: Carina Press
 
 
About the Author
 
Christi Barth
 
Christi Barth earned a Master’s degree in vocal performance and embarked upon a career on the stage.
 
A love of romance then drew her to wedding planning.
 
Ultimately she succumbed to her lifelong love of books and now writes contemporary romance.
 
She is the award-winning author of the Aisle Bound series. Christi is President of the Maryland Romance Writers and lives in Maryland with her husband.
 
How long have you been writing?
I dabbled my whole life (and proudly won creative writing awards in high school), but didn't force myself to actually finish a book until six years ago. Have been churning out titles non-stop ever since (Lesson for the day - don't wait to pursue your dreams)!
 
What make you like to write?
Maybe it is the control freak in me? Wanting to arrange everyone's lives? The most fun I have falls in two categories: writing witty dialogue and coming up with the sappiest, most romantic proposals ever.
 
Who is your favorite author and why?
Sorry for the lack of originality to this answer, but it is the great and talented Nora Roberts. Hands down. She is the undisputed master of the romance craft. Her books make you feel like you are in them, standing right next to the characters. I'm over the moon that I get to do a signing with her AT her bookstore in two weeks!
 
What are your favorite things to do besides writing?
I love, love LOVE to cook. I menu plan every Sunday for the coming week, and always try out new recipes when we have company over. But my favorite thing to do is spend time with my husband. Doesn't even matter what, as long as we are together.
 
What is your favorite scene to write?
I love writing the first official date. Of course, lots of fun and shenanigans – not to mention kisses – can happen prior to that, but a first date carries some serious flirting and sensual tension. Sooo much fun.
 
Twitter: @Christi_Barth
 
Season of Second Chances by Brighton Walsh

Season of Second Chances
 
Book Details
 
Author: Brighton Walsh
Edition: First Edition
Format: eBook
Publication Date: December, 2013
Publisher: Carina Press
 
 
About the Author
 
Picture
 
Brighton Walsh is a storyteller at heart. Whether through words or pictures, she's been weaving tales for as long as she can remember. After decades of cultivating her writing, she finally decided to give life to the voices in her head and set forth to write her first novella.
 
Love is her first love, and writing about it is a dream come true. When she's not overwhelmed by the incessant chatter in her mind, she can generally be found with her nose buried in a steamy book or partaking in some retail therapy. The setting of her life story takes place in the Midwest, characters including her very own real life hero she found in her supportive and swoony husband, and her two energetic kids who (fortunately) know nothing about the naughty things she puts down on paper.
 
How long did it take you to write Season of Second Chances?
I saw the call for submission from Angela James and had an idea pop into my head almost immediately. I wrote the original draft in about two weeks. By the time edits were complete, the whole thing took me right around a month.
 
What are you currently working on?
Right now I'm knee-deep in National Novel Writing Month (NaNo), about a third of the way through the follow up book to my new adult contemporary romance coming out next fall. The first book deals with an aspiring chef and the girl who catches his eye. This book is the story of the chef's sister and his best friend. Definitely a bit of a forbidden romance there.
 
How hard was it for you to settle on a title and cover design?
The title for this was originally Nothing Without You, which isn't very Christmasey. We contemplated quite a few options (I think we had more than fifteen at one point) before finally settling on Season of Second Chances. I really love it and think it totally fits the book. As for the cover, there were just some very minor tweaks to get it perfect, but this was the original design for the most part. I was so happy with the couple and the overall mood--this isn't a happy-go-lucky story, so I was thrilled the sort of subdued mood was reflected there. And I love that the ice-skating rink made it into the design!
 
What was the hardest scene for you to edit out?
I didn't have to edit out any scenes in this book. Every bit of it made it into the final cut! I tend to be a pretty efficient writer in that I get in, tell the story, and get out, so it's much more likely that I'll be asked to add some details or expand on certain scenes rather than edit something out.
 
What is the best book that you've read recently?
Because of NaNo, I've been on a reading hiatus for all of November (and it's killing me!). The latest books I read before that I really enjoyed were Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell and Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh. Two very different books, but I loved them equally. The first gave me the butterflies and swoons and all the feels! and the second gave me two characters that I loved and an action packed romance.
 
Twitter: @WriteAsRain_
 
Mine Under the Mistletoe by Kat Latham

Mine Under the Mistletoe
Book Details
 
Author: Kat Latham
Edition: First Edition
Format: eBook
Publication Date: December, 2013
Publisher: Carina Press
 
 
About the Author
 
Kat Latham
 
Kat Latham writes sexy contemporary romance set all around the world. She’s a California girl who moved to Europe the day after graduating from UCLA, ditching her tank tops for raincoats. She spent several years teaching English in Prague followed by several more working for a humanitarian organization in London. She now lives with her British husband and baby girl in a small town in the rural Netherlands surrounded by miles and miles of green pasture, canals and Shetland ponies. Kat’s slowly adjusting to life in a place where bicycles and cows seem to outnumber people.
 
With degrees in English lit and human rights, she loves stories that reflect the humor and emotion of real life. Kat’s other career involves writing and editing for charities, and she’s had the privilege of traveling to Kenya, Ethiopia and India to write about the heroic people helping their communities survive disasters.
 
You can usually find Kat on her blog (katlatham.com), Twitter (@KatrinaLatham), Facebook (facebook.com/KatLathamRomance) and Goodreads. She hopes you’ll hang out with her there!
 
What is your favorite color and why?
I love all shades of blue, but especially deep, dark blue. I don’t know why it’s always appealed to me, but now it’s my favorite because I have a baby with gorgeous blue eyes. I could stare in her big blue eyes all day long.
 
Do you believe in horoscopes?
I don’t believe in horoscopes because they always seem so general. But last year my mom went to a medium who said some pretty specific things that turned out to be true. For example, he told my mom she would become a grandmother in just over a year. She didn’t believe it because I had just told her that my husband and I had been trying for over two years with no luck. Fourteen months later, I had my daughter. Pretty spooky!
 
Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
Ooh, this is a toughie! I always love my heroes. In Mine Under The Mistletoe, Ollie’s quest to escape Christmas because he’s grieving and guilt-ridden really spoke to me.
 
I also have a really good time with my secondary characters. I can’t tell you too much about the secondary character in Mine Under The Mistletoe because that would give away a secret, but let’s just say that Ollie’s visited by…well, I guess you could say she’s the ghost of Christmas past. J
 
How, when and why did you first start writing?
Well, my Bachelor’s degree is in English and creative writing, so I’ve always been a writer. But I first started writing romance in 2009. I worked at the Red Cross in London and was lucky enough to have a job that was equally nerdy and creative. Then we started a project to relaunch the website, and suddenly my job was 100% spreadsheets and meetings. I needed a creative outlet, and I’d always loved reading romance, so I started writing Knowing the Score. I didn’t intend to try to get published. I just wanted something to help me stay balanced. And it worked!
 
How many books did you write before you were published?
Hmm…I think I wrote three full-length manuscripts and was half-way through two more. Probably only the first one, Knowing the Score, will ever be published. The others were learning experiences!
 
Giveaway
 
Grand Prize - $25 Gift Card to Amazon or B&N (winner's choice) and eBook of All I'm Asking For: A Contemporary Christmas Anthology
 
 
Hosted by
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment