Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Blog Tour ~ Interview with Evolution​: ANGEL by S.A. Huchton & Giveaways

Displaying Evolution Angel.png

Book Info-
Title- Evolution: ANGEL
Series-The Evolution Series #1
Author- S. A. Huchton
Genre- New Adult Superhero Romance
Expected Release Date- March 6th, 2014

Displaying Evolution Angel.jpg

Blurb-

Candace Bristol has always been obsessed with comic books, but in a world where the nightly news often mirrors these inked stories, her dreams of becoming a real superhero could actually come true. After being rescued by members of the government’s AdvaNced Genetic EvoLution (ANGEL) Project four years ago, getting recruited for this elite team is all she's wanted.

Now 18, she's finally reached her goal after years of study and physical training, but little could have prepared her for life as a genetic experiment. As though coming to terms with her new ability to manipulate water isn't tough enough, she never expected to be swept off her feet by one of her fellow recruits.

With genetic alteration, the threat of physical and mental instability hangs over every superhero like a shadow. When one of their own tumbles over the edge of madness, Candace will have to choose between protecting the world, and saving the one who holds her heart.

Links-

Goodreads

Amazon Kindle

Amazon Paperback

Displaying Starla.jpg
About the Author

A geek of all trades, Starla Huchton has been crafting stories in various genres since 2007. Her first novel, THE DREAMER'S THREAD was released as a full cast audiobook podcast, becoming a double-nominee and finalist for the 2010 Parsec Awards. After releasing short fiction of steampunk, noir fantasy, and other varieties, she released the first three books of the Sci-Fi Romance ENDURE series in 2013. All three books of the EVOLUTION series will be released in 2014, as well as a Steampunk Fantasy novel, MASTER OF MYTH (the Antigone's Wrath series, book 1), which was the first place winner of the Crested Butte Writers' contest, The Sandy, in 2012.

When not writing, Starla trains three Minions, a black lab, and a military husband whilst designing book covers for independent authors and publishers at designedbystarla.com.


Interview

How much of a story did you have in mind before you started writing?
The answer to this really varies from project to project for me. Sometimes it’s only a character or setting that comes to me first, however, the Evolution series was a different beast altogether. After the initial inspiration of an entire scene (the last scene of Evolution: ANGEL), I spent 20 hours in the car plotting out two complete novels with an inkling of an idea for a third. I’d never had a fully-formed, start to finish synopsis of any book before, so having such a solid plan for a story before I’d written word one was a new experience for me. I think that speaks a great deal to the power behind the concept for sure.

Can you tell us what genre you write?
Well, I don’t really like to box myself into only writing one genre. The Evolution series is on the light side of sci-fi (it is superheroes, after all), bordering on paranormal, but I’ve written other things that aren’t at all like it. I have a modern fantasy novel out there, a more science-based romance series, a steampunk adventure releasing in September, a YA Dystopian finished, and I’ve just wrapped up the first draft of a contemporary romance with suspense/thriller elements. Essentially, I’ll write whatever calls to me. I’ve given up saying “never will I ever write _____” because I’ve found that if the characters or setting or ideas really speak to me, then I should follow that.

How (or when) do you decide that you are finished writing a story?
I typically start out with a word count goal in mind, and I’ll aim for that. Deciding on when a story is complete… well, that’s not so easy to pin down. Saying “until it feels done” is kind of cliche, but I go where my characters lead. When they say stop, I stop. So long as I’ve taken care of the threads that needed tidying up, I call it done.

What are you working on right now?
At the moment, I just finished the first draft of a contemporary novel, so I haven’t started anything new yet. I have a few projects in progress, so I may look to those for what I work on next. I have half of a sci-fi romance about parallel dimensions written, half of the first book in the follow-on series to the Evolution trilogy, a project for this summer that needs some plotting, and a fourth and final Endure series book to write. At this second, however, I’m content to let my brain and keyboard rest for just a little while before jumping into something new.

At what age did you discover your love of writing?
I was eight when I first started dabbling, so it honestly has been for most of my life. I didn’t attempt long-form fiction until the end of high school, however, and completed my first novel in 2008.

What was the first story that you wrote?
I can’t say as I remember very clearly, but one of my earliest short stories I really remember was in the beginning of high school. I believe it was to do with two teens in a mental institution, one who’d been there for a while and undergoing shock treatment therapy. In the end, I think she saved the boy from having to endure that as she somehow had developed control over lightning and basically destroyed the institution as they escaped.

What is the most difficult part of the whole writing process?
Depends on the project. Sometimes my big ideas get away from me and I have to take a step back as I start drowning in research. Especially so with my sci-fi Endure series, as my main characters were a marine biochemist and a technology expert. I am neither, so those books required a serious amount of focus to pull it all together. With my new Evolution series, it was more of a challenge to keep up with the flow of words, to be honest. Finding time to get all of the words in my head onto the screen was an enormous challenge with 3 kids and a deployed husband.

What writer influences you the most?
This really varies from project to project. I read a lot of Jennifer Armentrout books right before I began the Evolution series, so it’s possible that played into the young voice they have. They also draw a great deal from comics I read as a kid and all the superhero TV shows and movies I’d been watching. The contemporary book I just completed has echoes of the Count of Monte Cristo in it, but I would never put my story on the level with that one. Really, I can’t say any one writer has an overabundance of influence on what I create.

Where can people learn more about you?
My website www.starlahuchton.com will connect you to anything and everything I do. I have an author Facebook page and I’m on twitter as @riznphnx as well.

Is there anything else you’d like to tell us about yourself?
On top of being an author, I’m also a freelance book cover designer. Not only do I design all of my own covers, but for independent authors as well as presses like Entangled Publishing. Most of my graphic work can be found at www.designedbystarla.com.


Links-

Author blog

Author Facebook page


Facebook Event


***Giveaway***

US ONLY

What I’m giving away:

*All packs include ebook and print copies of Evolution: ANGEL



Prize Pack #1
Movies: Green Lantern, Fantastic Four, X-Men First Class
Batman, Flash, and Superman Figures (because no one should have to watch movies alone!)

Displaying prizepack1.jpeg

Prize pack #2
Avengers backpack
Avengers notebooks
Iron Man& Captain America figures
Spiderman pencils
Spiderman holographic sticker


Displaying prizepack2.jpeg

Prize Pack #3
Wonder Woman journal, pens, and caped coffee mug
The above giveaway is DOMESTIC ONLY.


Displaying prizepack3.jpeg
a Rafflecopter giveaway


INTERNATIONAL
e-copy of Evolution: ANGEL
a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment