Monday, July 28, 2014

Book Tour {Interview & Giveaway} Murder at Cold Creek College by Christa Nardi


Cozy Mystery
File Size: 632 KB
Print Length: 340 pages
ASIN: B00FQ748GO

goodreads-badge-add-plus


SYNOPSIS

Sheridan Hendley is a professor and psychologist, not a sleuth. When her colleague at Cold Creek College, Adam Millberg, is murdered, she is charged with helping the Detective assigned to the case. Immediately, her good friend becomes the prime suspect and Sheridan is motivated to help solve the case and prove Kim isn’t guilty. It also becomes apparent that Sheridan is attracted to the handsome Detective. As Sheridan tries to implement the crisis plan on campus and connect all the people in Adam’s life, she finds that many women have a motive for Adam’s murder. Slashed tires are the first indication that Sheridan’s involvement is obviously making someone nervous.

About This Author

Christa Nardi is and always has been an avid reader. Her favorite authors have shifted from Carolyn Keene and Earl Stanley Gardner to more contemporary mystery/crime authors over time, but mystery/crime along with romance are her preferred choices for leisure reading. Christa also has been a long time writer from poetry and short stories growing up to technical, research, and nonfiction in her professional life. With Murder at Cold Creek College, Christa is joining many other reader/writers in writing one genre she enjoys reading – the cozy mystery. Christa Nardi is a pen name for a real life professor/psychologist from the Northeast.

Interview

How long have you been writing?
Probably since elementary school.  I always wrote stories and then in high school also wrote poetry.  Since then, most of my writing has been nonfiction and more technical in nature (e.g. textbooks), but occasionally I would jot down an idea or two.

What makes you like to write?
Like talking or acting, writing is a way to express how the writer feels and thinks about certain issues. The writer poses a problem and then solves it through the characters, with a range of considerations and personalities. It is a way to think through situations or people or political issues.  In Murder at Cold Creek College, the most obvious issue is sexual harassment, one that many women face or have faced regardless of where they work.

Who is your favorite author and why?
That is a tough one.  It is so hard to choose.  Of current cozy mystery writers, I always look forward to the next one in the series by Vanessa Gray Bartal (Lacy Steele Mystery Series), Kassandra Lamb (Kate Huntington Mystery Series), and Ellen Crosby (Wine Country Mysteries), and of course Janet Evanovich.  Outside of mysteries, I also read science fiction/fantasy, and my favorite fantasy author is Mercedes Lackey – her stories weave in a theme of humanism as well as feminism.  I guess that is more than one.

What are your favorite things to do besides writing?
I love to read – mystery, cozy mystery, romance, and scifi/fantasy.  I also love to garden, and spend many hours working in mine.  When not writing, reading or gardening, I am likely doing jigsaw puzzles or logic puzzles.

How long did it take you to write Murder at Cold Creek College?
Murder at Cold Creek College started with several ideas that I wrote down.  As I added to my ideas, it became more of a story.  It probably took about a year, with some times when I didn’t write at all, and some when I wrote a lot.

What was your favorite scene to write?
Another hard question.  Obviously, I am invested in all the scenes.  Two scenes come to mind though – the scene with Max trying to stand down against Brett in the beginning, and the scene with Sheridan and the Chancellor and his wife at the end.

Who designed the book cover?
My sister designed the cover for me and did a great job!

Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
I think my favorite characters (other than Sheridan) are Kim and Mitch, for very different reasons.  Kim is the BFF, and brings energy and enthusiasm to the scenes; she also is the most vulnerable in this story.  Mitch, on the other hand, is the down to earth, stable figure with the dry sense of humor.  All three are tight, but with their own agenda.

When did you start writing?
As noted above, probably in elementary school with teacher assigned creative writing.  Sadly, once in high school, the assignments were much more technical and structured – more like my nonfiction writing.

How many books did you write before you were published?
That depends on if you count the ones that I never finished or wrote and never did anything with (and now don’t have a clue where they are).  Fiction-wise, this is first book I have finished and published and that’s pretty exciting!  Murder at Cold Creek College is self-published.  I have thought about trying the agent route with the sequel, Murder in the Arboretum though. We’ll see.

Again, thank you for having me on your blog today!  Christa

Author Links

Facebook

Blog: Christa Reads and Writes

Goodreads

Purchase Link
AMAZON
Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment