Thursday, September 4, 2014

Book Tour {Interview & Giveaway} deep in death by Colleen Helme

 
  

Cozy Mystery – 279 Pages

Synopsis:

Running “errands” for her mob-boss employer, Joey “The Knife” Manetto, often ends with Shelby in trouble, making her cautious about continuing her association with him. Instead, she focuses on a new client who hires Shelby to find her missing mother. What seems like a routine case turns into something more sinister and deadly than she ever imagined.

In the meantime, Uncle Joey has summoned Shelby to his office, where she runs into her former nemesis. Shelby inadvertently hears something that makes her fear for the lives of Uncle Joey and his hit-man, Ramos. This time, Uncle Joey is not sure he wants to involve Shelby in something he knows could get her killed. Keeping Shelby’s involvement to a minimum has disastrous results, sending Shelby on a dangerous path. As her investigation unfolds, Shelby finds death at every turn, and soon realizes she is in over her head. Can she escape from danger in time? Or will she find herself deep in death?

About This Author

As the author of the Shelby Nichols Adventure Series, Colleen is often asked if Shelby Nichols is her alter-ego. “Definitely,” she says. “Shelby is the epitome of everything I wish I dared to be.” Known for her laugh since she was a kid, Colleen has always tried to find the humor in every situation and continues to enjoy writing about Shelby’s adventures. “I love getting Shelby into trouble…I just don’t always know how to get her out of it!” Colleen lives in the Rocky Mountains with her family. Besides writing, she loves a good book, biking, hiking, and playing board and card games with family and friends. She loves to connect with readers and admits that fans of the series keep her writing.

Interview

Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects?
Yes! I have an idea for the next Shelby Nichols Adventure – which will be #7 that I’m really excited about. I have also received interest from a movie producer for the TV and movie rights. I am hoping it will become more than an interest in the near future!

Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.
There have been a lot…most of which involve a great book review or hearing from a fan who sends lots of encouragement to keep me writing. One that stands out was going to my daughter’s 5th grade school class where they had all read CARROTS, the first book in the series. I got to be a ‘celebrity’ for the day and answered their questions about being a writer. It was so fun and very rewarding.

What’s one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?
Learn the craft!! I had been writing for a long time, but until I took a novel-writing class, I didn’t know how to put it all together correctly. That class was invaluable! I learned POV, tense, emotional response, connecting with readers, motivators, and on and on. Even then it took a lot of work to polish my writing, but it was worth it.

Which authors have influenced you most and how?
I’ve always loved reading, and have lots of favorite books so it’s hard to say. C.S. Lewis for sure, and I used to love anything by Madeline Brent. There are so many great authors out there, and I’ve learned so much from each one. Giving voice to an idea can be told in as many different ways as there are people. That idea alone gave me the courage to write my own story.

What’s your favorite season/weather?
That’s a hard one, but I’ll probably say Spring…mostly because I love the smell of fresh earth and new blossoms. I love how the Iris flowers smell by my deck and the cherry blossoms on the trees. As Spring progresses one of my favorite smells comes from the Lindon trees. There’s a park by my house that must have about fifteen Lindon trees and I love to take my dog for a walk at the end of June-first of July just to walk beneath them and breathe in their scent.

What TV show/movie/book do you watch/read that you’d be embarrassed to admit?
Vampire Diaries… When no one’s looking I’ll watch that, but don’t tell anyone.

Favorite smell?
Rain!

What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
Going to work every day made me sick….as in totally stressed out. That’s why I love that I can write full-time and work from home.

Happiest moment in your life so far?
Yikes! That’s a hard one. My family is right up there. I would be lost without them, but I have to say…seeing my first book in print and each one thereafter is pretty darn awesome!

THANKS for hosting me today!

Author Links
https://www.facebook.com/ColleenHelmeAuthor https://twitter.com/ColleenHelme https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/105805.Colleen_Helme https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22676443-deep-in-death

Purchase Links
 http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Death-Shelby-Nichols-Adventure-ebook/dp/B00LZ5MBSI/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid= http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/deep-in-death-colleen-helme/1119969814?ean=9781500367220





a Rafflecopter giveaway
Hosted by Great Escapes Book Tours 
http://www.escapewithdollycas.com/great-escapes-virtual-book-tours/great-escapes-book-tours/


No comments: