Barren by Elizabeth
Miceli
Publication
Date: October 6, 2015
Publisher:
Swoon Romance
***
PUBLISHER’S ALERT: MATURE CONTENT WARNING ***
Recommended
for ages 16+. Includes scenes that depict drug use, teen sex, and sexual
assault.
This
book contains mature content and depiction of a seventeen-year-old girl’s rape
at the hands of another student. It is a chilling first person point of view
account of something that occurs across the country at parties just like the
one depicted in this story, and we wanted the fictional account to feel raw and
as devastating. We also understand that these scenes may be difficult and
uncomfortable for some. We recommend this novel for readers ages sixteen and
older.
“I
cried, praying for him to finish. I closed my eyes and tried to envision myself
somewhere else… somewhere where I was happy. I thought of my family all piled
around our tree on Christmas morning. I thought of singing with my band. I
thought of Caitlin and me baking cookies and watching movies together. But
after just a few seconds of pretending, Mike would hit me or thrust deeper, and
I would be back in reality. I was being raped. I was all alone. I was a damsel
in distress. And there was no one there to save me.”
Seventeen-year-old
Stacey Lorenzo’s poor self-esteem has always consumed her. When significant
weight loss leaves her still feeling powerless and with an eating disorder, she
turns to partying to cope. Things go from bad ot worse when she is raped, a
crushing blow to her psyche from which she may not recover. Stacey drugs, cuts,
and hooks up with countless guys in an attempt to dull the pain. But if Stacey
doesn’t find a way to face her demons and overcome her fears, she might find
herself in a hole so dark, even love won’t be able to pull her out.
Barren
is written by debut author Elizabeth Miceli. It is a devastating and dark
account of one girl’s plummet to the very bottom of the human experience and
the horrific and petrifying road to recovery and self-worth.
Guest Post – The
Inspiration Behind Barren
When
I was in high school, it was very clear to me that there were generational
issues that were affecting teenage women. Issues that no one wanted to talk
about. These topics were also in my areas of interest and tied right into my
fields of study now, Human Development and Family Studies and Psychology. I was
compelled to write the book because I wanted women that were dealing with these
issues to be able to read something that told them they weren’t alone. It was
rare to find novels about these hard-hitting issues that affected a large
number of individuals. I wanted to change that.
Purchase Links
ABOUT ELIZABETH
MICELI
Elizabeth
hails from the smallest state with the biggest heart. She started off at The
University of Akron and then transferred to the University of Rhode Island. She
is a double major in both Psychology and Human Development and Family Studies.
Although she loves writing- she also has a passion for helping others which is
why she is studying to become a sex therapist/couples counselor. Elizabeth loves
spending time with her family and friends, singing, eating everything Italian,
and baking cookies. She is “in love with love” which is probably why the
driving force in almost everything she writes is romance. When she’s not
getting lost in her characters she can be found waiting for her prince charming
in her North Kingstown, Rhode Island home.
Connect with the
Author
GIVEAWAY
Giveaway
Information: Contest ends October 23, 2015
One (1) winner will receive a digital copy of Barren
by Elizabeth Miceli
and a $10 Amazon GC (INT)
Hosted by




No comments:
Post a Comment