Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Blog Tour: THE LAST FAERIE QUEEN by Chelsea Pitcher with Giveaway


About the Book
Title: THE LAST FAERIE QUEEN
Author: Chelsea Pitcher
Release Date: November 8, 2015
Pages: 408
Publisher: Flux
Formats: Paperback, eBook
 
A FAERIE REVOLUTION . . .
 
After risking her life in the mortal world, the faerie princess Elora returns home to incite a revolution. Allied with the Bright Queen, Elora rallies her people for a battle aimed at overthrowing her mother, the Dark Queen. While some question their ability to win, Elora senses victory, knowing she has a secret weapon: Taylor, the human boy she loves, and a motley crew of his school friends, each armed with a skill that can turn the tide of the coming battle.
 
A MORTAL SACRIFICE . . .
 
But then Elora's supporters in the Dark Court turn on her, believing she has forsaken them in favor of humans. When the Dark Queen kidnaps two of her human friends, Elora must mount a daring rescue mission to free them before her mother offers them up as a sacrifice.
 
About the Book
Title: THE LAST CHANGELING
Author: Chelsea Pitcher
Release Date: November 8, 2014
Pages: 360
Publisher: Flux
Formats:  Paperback, eBook, audiobook
 
A Kingdom at War . . .
 
Elora, the young princess of the Dark Faeries, plans to overthrow her tyrannical mother, the Dark Queen, and bring equality to faeriekind. All she has to do is convince her mother’s loathed enemy, the Bright Queen, to join her cause. But the Bright Queen demands an offering first: a human boy who is a “young leader of men.”
 
A Dark Princess In Disguise . . .
 
To steal a mortal, Elora must become a mortal—at least, by all appearances. And infiltrating a high school is surprisingly easy. When Elora meets Taylor, the seventeen-year-old who’s plotting to overthrow a ruthless bully, she thinks she’s found her offering . . . until she starts to fall in love.
 
About Chelsea
 
Chelsea Pitcher is a karaoke-singing, ocean-worshipping Oregonian with a penchant for wicked faerie tales. She began gobbling up stories as soon as she could read, and especially enjoys delving into the darker places to see if she can draw out some light. She is the author of THE S-WORD (Simon and Schuster), THE LAST CHANGELING (Flux), and THE LAST FAERIE QUEEN (Flux 2015).
 
 
1. What genre are your books?
This is actually a tricky question! The first book in the series, THE LAST CHANGELING, is “YA urban fantasy,” because it takes place primarily in the human world. But the second (and final) book in the series, THE LAST FAERIE QUEEN, takes place exclusively in the faerie world, so I would classify that as “YA fantasy.” But I wouldn’t call it “high fantasy” because the characters could, theoretically, return to the human world (as opposed to, say, LORD OF THE RINGS, where the characters couldn’t slip into the world as we know it).
 
2. What draws you to this genre?
I love urban fantasy because we get to explore how humans would react if they learned that magic does, in fact, exist in our world. Would they be thrilled, terrified, or something else entirely? Would they try to destroy those magical beings, or would they fall in love? In THE LAST FAERIE QUEEN, you’ll see all of the above!
 
3. Which actress would you like to see playing the lead character from THE LAST FAERIE QUEEN?
Such a hard question! It’s really difficult to match the image in my head to a real person. But I love this picture of Alicia Witt for Elora (if her hair was quite a bit longer). It kind of makes you wonder if she’s going to kiss you or kill you, which is perfect for Elora.
 
 
4. How much research do you do?
I’ve been studying faerie legends my entire life, so by the time I wrote THE LAST FAERIE QUEEN, I had a really good idea of what I wanted the world to look like. But there was still some difficulty, because I wanted to stay true to certain legends—faeries can’t lie, faeries have an aversion to iron—I also wanted to create a world that was unique. So, while several old legends show the Queen of the Bright Faeries as having pale skin and golden hair, in this version, she’s more of a forest queen, with warm brown skin and leaves growing from her hair. Meanwhile, the Queen of the Dark Faeries has milky-pale skin during the full moon and inky black skin during the dark moon. Writing the characters this way made perfect sense to me, because they are embodiments of nature as much as they are otherworldly. I hope readers enjoy getting to know them as much as I did!
 
5. What is the hardest thing about writing?
The process for every book is so different! Each time I finish a book, I think I have it figured out, and the next time I sit down to write something, the process that worked for the previous book turns out to be useless! For example, I used to always write books linearly. But with THE LAST FAERIE QUEEN, I kept fussing over the first hundred pages, and I knew that if I kept going like that, I’d never finish the book! So I gave myself permission to write the second half first. It was a weird thing to do, but it worked wonderfully, because I knew exactly what happened once the characters entered the Unseelie Court. The second half poured out of me, and then I got to go back to the opening with more insight on what needed to happen.
 
Thank you so much for having me!!!
 
Giveaway
2 winners will receive a signed finished copy of
THE LAST FAERIE QUEEN, US/Canada Only.
 
Tour Schedule
 
Week One:
11/2/2015- Seeing Double In Neverland- Interview
11/2/2015- Driftless- Spotlight
11/3/2015- Mama Reads Hazel Sleeps- Excerpt
11/3/2015- Revolutionary Reads- Review
11/4/2015- Kelly P's Blog- Interview
11/4/2015- PBC - Spotlight
11/5/2015- Books Eater- Guest Post
11/5/2015- Arkham Reviews- Review
11/6/2015- Two Chicks on Books- Interview
11/6/2015- Curling Up With A Good Book- Excerpt
 
Week Two:
11/9/2015- Once Upon A Twilight- Guest Post
11/9/2015- Milky Way of Books- Review
11/10/2015- The Cover Contessa- Interview
11/10/2015- alwaysjoart- Review
11/11/2015- In Love With Handmade- Guest Post
11/11/2015- Literary Musings- Excerpt
11/12/2015- BookHounds YA- Interview
11/12/2015- Cover2Cover- Review
11/13/2015- Me, My Shelf and I- Guest Post
11/13/2015- The Book Lovers' Lounge- Review
 
 
 
Hosted by

No comments: