Monday, December 6, 2021

BLOG TOUR & GIVEAWAY ~ Revenge by Dani Hoots


Revenge
Dani Hoots
(City of Kaus, #1)
Publication date: November 16th 2021
Genres: LGBTQ+, New Adult, Science Fiction, Western

It has been three years since Elvira “Ellie” Ryder was betrayed by her best friend Cor and watched as her hometown of Kaus was leveled by invaders from a different Zone. Now sworn to seek revenge on him, Ellie has teamed up with her old friend Zach to find their long lost friend.

After getting offered a bounty hunting job—really an assassination job—they find out that part of their payment is the whereabouts of Cor. Without hesitation Ellie and Zach take the job and make their way to the Human Zone to assassinate their target. As they make their way through the desert, and through the Human Zone, they are up against the prejudice of their kind—Kausian, a race that can shapeshift but always stand out with their golden eyes. Nevertheless, they never miss a mark—that is, unless they find out the truth about who destroyed their kind and how their target is right in the middle of it all.

Will Ellie be able to forgive Cor after learning the truth? Or will she forever hold on to that hatred?

Goodreads / Pre-order Campaign / Amazon / Barnes & Noble / iBooks / Kobo / Google Play


It didn’t used to be this way.

I tapped my smoke on the ashtray, exhaling the herb-filled vapor. It was a delightful blend of local plants and made to order at the bar. This establishment seemed to have it all—smokes; drinks, both alcoholic and not; games; food; gambling. It was all here, meaning everyone in town occupied the small establishment at all hours of the day.

Thank goodness all I could smell was my herbal smoke and the alcohol on my friend Zach’s breath. I had a feeling the room smelled of sweat and wet fur.

“How many girly martinis are you going to drink tonight?” I raised an eyebrow and flashed him a grin.

Zach stared at me—his shimmering gold eyes unamused as he downed the rest of the fruity martini through his tiny straw. Why he always used them instead of drinking from the side of the glass, I did not understand. Perhaps it was so he’d feel he was pacing himself. Even if we both knew that was a lie.

Setting the glass down, Zach pulled loose strands of red hair back into his bun. “I’ll have you know these drinks taste a lot better than that straight alcohol you always drink.”

I sighed. “It’s not straight alcohol. It’s called whiskey.”

Tastes nasty is what it is.”

I smiled a little. “Anyway, I should cut you off there. That’s your third one, and our contact isn’t even here yet.”

“There isn’t much alcohol in these. At least, I taste none.”

“Yeah, I have noticed you don’t. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t any in it. We have gone over this. You’re a year older than me—you should know better.”

He let out a breath of defeat. “Oh yeah, a whole whopping year. But fine, I won’t have another until the guy gets here. What’s he look like again?”

“He’s a human, and honestly, I’m not sure we can trust him. But he’s the only lead we’ve gotten so far.”

Glancing out at the crowded area, I noted all the beings that were having a good time. On the planet, there were a total of five different races, six if one counted Pleiadeans separate from humans. There were the Lyrans, who all appeared like a mix of a human and a wild cat. I spotted at least a dozen different groups that had Lyrans in here, and our bartender was one as well. That made sense since we were in the Lyran Zone. Then there were Sirians. There weren’t too many of those here—merfolk, who could change from being fishlike to human in a matter of seconds. Typically, the Lyrans and Sirians didn’t get along, just like cats and fish, but never say that to their face. They don’t appreciate that. Then there were Silurians, who were lizard-like and cold-blooded, both physically and emotionally. There were a few in here as well, and I did my best not to make eye contact with any of them.

Then, of course, there were the humans, which is what my kind appeared like as well, at least for the most part. I glanced around and found quite a few as humans liked to travel and settle among the different zones and then create half species, or half humans. Typical humans.

I sighed as I glanced around some more, seeing if I could spot my own race.

As if that were going to happen.


Author Bio:

Dani Hoots is a science fiction, fantasy, romance, and young adult author who loves anything with a story. She has a B.S. in Anthropology, a Masters of Urban and Environmental Planning, a Certificate in Novel Writing from Arizona State University, and a BS in Herbal Science from Bastyr University.

Currently she is working on a YA urban fantasy series called Daughter of Hades, a YA urban fantasy series called The Wonderland Chronicles, a historic fantasy vampire series called A World of Vampires, and a YA sci-fi series called Sanshlian Series. She has also started up an indie publishing company called FoxTales Press. She also works with Anthill Studios in creating comics through Antik Comics.

Her hobbies include reading, watching anime, cooking, studying different languages, wire walking, hula hoop, and working with plants. She is also an herbalist and sells her concoctions on FoxCraft Apothecary. She lives in Phoenix with her husband and visits Seattle often.

Website / Goodreads / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest


GIVEAWAY!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Hosted by:
XBTBanner1

No comments: