Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Blog Tour: Picture Imperfect by Jelsa Mepsey with Giveaway

 
 
Picture Imperfect by Jelsa Mepsey
Publication Date: Sept 22, 2015
Publisher: Swoon Romance
Genre: YA, Contemporary
 
Sixteen-year-old Max Prescott knows all too well the joys of cheating girlfriends and traitorous friends. He’s not eager to have his heart trampled again, but money and a fresh start can mean the difference between happiness and a dark path with his name on it.
 
So when Melly Hewson, a perky and enigmatic classmate, asks him to be her model for a year-long photography project, Max agrees. Melly Hewson is everything Max isn’t. She’s outgoing, witty and always knows the right words to say. And despite his best efforts, Max finds himself drawn to her.
 
Still, he isn’t stupid. He knows a girl like Melly will only use him and then never speak to him again. Besides, he’s been to that rodeo. As long as he keeps his feelings off the market, he won’t make the same mistakes as last time.
 
Yet underneath Melly’s sweet smiles lies a secret she’d rather kept hidden. And as the year goes on and the photos pile up, Max and Melly will find themselves developing through the negatives, a story that when told could push them to opposite ends of their world. But the only thing worst than the truth is, the facade that surrounds them.
 
Guest Post
 
Melly asks about the therapy session in History. I stick my tongue out, and she takes a picture. Tuesday, she literally bounces all the way to her house. She hands me a rake while Waffles scampers across the lawn. I pet the dog and stare at the leaves.
 
“Am I supposed to rake those?” She nods. I groan. “Why? I’m not free labor.”
 
“You’ll see.” Melly starts raking. “Help me make a pile.”
 
I frown. “I’ve never made a pile before.”
 
“You’ve never … ” Melly shakes her head and rakes faster. “Just hurry!”
 
I continue raking at the same pace. “What’s so special about this?”
 
“Shut up and work, Max!”
 
We end up with a decent pile of leaves. Still don’t know what this is for. Waffles runs to the pile and dives in. Melly laughs and pulls him out, grinning. “What are you waiting for?” She drops the dog and pushes me toward the pile. “Your turn! Go!”
 
“Are you sure this is gonna be fun?”
 
She rolls her eyes. “Just jump in!”
 
Here goes. I dive in. Leaves scatter, blocking my vision. Kind of like jumping on the trampoline or my bed. I shove a few layers aside, revealing blue sky. I rise from the pile. Melly laughs while I brush leaves out of my hair.
 
“How was it?”
 
I shrug. “Just okay.”
 
“Just okay?”
 
I laugh. “Actually, it was pretty awesome. Let’s fix the pile so you can jump in too.”
 
Waffles occasionally interrupts our attempts to fix the pile, but we get most of the leaves back into a mountain. Then Melly jumps in, shrieking in laughter. There’s enough room for me too, so I jump and land next to her. We poke our heads out of the pile. Melly smacks my arm. “What if you landed on top of me?”
 
“I didn’t.”
 
“True.” She steps out of the pile. “Stay there. I’ll take a picture.”
 
Waffles dives in, landing on top of me. Melly and I both laugh. She takes the shot, then puts her camera away. “Wow. You actually looked really happy in that picture.”
 
We go back to raking leaves and jumping. How is this actually really fun? Is it because of the pile of dead leaves or the girl I’m with, who’s very much alive?
 
Hope you guys enjoyed a little M&M cuteness! Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
 
Purchase Links
 
ABOUT JELSA MEPSEY
 
Jelsa Mepsey writes young adult contemporary romance fiction, drawing inspiration from daily life. With her work, she is dedicated to spurring people to think about what they have taken for granted and to shed light on the issues people avoid talking about. As an Asian-American in her 20s, she is excited to explore more of the human experience as she herself journeys through life. Writing, rock climbing 5.12 routes, and playing various instruments have resulted in the formation of many calluses on her hands over the years. When not engaging in her previously mentioned hobbies, Jelsa can be found at her local library with a stack of at least ten books, naming her various pens, or staring at her dog Waffles for inspiration.
 
Connect with the Author
 
Giveaway
Giveaway Information: Contest ends October 16, 2015
One (1) winner will receive a digital copy of Picture Imperfect by Jelsa Mepsey, and a $10 Amazon GC (INT)
 
 
 
 
 
Hosted by

No comments: