My Review
5 Star
I
normally don’t read Greek & Roman Mythology books, so I gave it a try. I
read the first three chapters and I really liked it and kept reading all the
way to the tenth chapter. Then on the next day I read all the way through end
of the chapter. I really like Ast’s character and Ovid too and also Phaedra too.
It’s really easy to understand what it’s about. I really like the way Phillip
writes a very smooth, fairy tales & myths.
Minotaur by Phillip W.
Simpson
Publication
Date: September 29, 2015
Publisher:
Month9books
“Where
shall I start?” asked Minotaur.
Ovid
made an expansive gesture with both hands. “Where else but the beginning of
course.”
Minotaur
nodded his huge head. “Yes,” he said. “Yes,” his eyes already glazing over with
the weight of thousand year old memories. And then he began.
So
begins the story of Asterion, later known as Minotaur, the supposed half bull
creature of Greek legend. Recorded by the famous Roman poet, Ovid, Asterion
tells of his boyhood in Crete under the cruel hand of his stepfather Minos, his
adventures with his friend, Theseus, and his growing love for the beautiful
Phaedra.And of course what really happened in the labyrinth.
This
is the true story of the Minotaur.
Purchase Links
ABOUT PHILLIP W.
SIMPSON
Phillip
W. Simpson is the author of many novels, chapter books and other stories for
children. His publishers include Macmillan, Penguin, Pearson, Cengage, Raintree
and Oxford University Press.
He
received both his undergraduate degree in Ancient History and Archaeology and
his Masters (Hons) degree in Archaeology from the University of Auckland.
Before
embarking on his writing career, he joined the army as an officer cadet, owned
a comic shop and worked in recruitment in both the UK and Australia.
His
first young adult novel, Rapture (Rapture Trilogy #1), was shortlisted for the
Sir Julius Vogel Awards for best Youth novel in 2012.
He
is represented by Vicki Marsdon at Wordlink literary agency.
When
not writing, he works as a school teacher.
Phillip
lives and writes in Auckland, New Zealand with his wife Rose, their son, Jack and
their two border terriers, Whiskey and Raffles. He loves fishing, reading,
movies, football (soccer) and single malt Whiskeys.
Connect with the
Author
Giveaway
Five (5) winners will receive a digital copy of Minotaur by Phillip W.
Simpson (INT)
Hosted by




No comments:
Post a Comment