Wednesday, June 2, 2021

BOOK TOUR & GIVEAWAY ~ The Somewhere I See You Again by Nancy Thorne

 



The Somewhere I See You Again
by Nancy Thorne
Genre: YA Historical Romance


Hannah will resort to anything to save her mother’s life. Including blackmail. Even if the target is the former boyfriend of her goody-goody best friend, Stacy.

Except, he just moved to the West Coast, and now it’s up to Hannah to convince Stacy to hitchhike with her cross-country to confront him.

It’s 1971. Change is happening. And Hannah’s understanding of the world is about to be tested by those she encounters along the way, including a gorgeous draft dodger.

Someone is about to face a deathly experience. But it’s not Hannah’s mother.

The Somewhere I See You Again is an extraordinary story about the life-changing power of love and friendship against insurmountable odds.




Expensive jeans and the newest styles of desert boots and sneakers shuffle in front of us. My eyes follow denim up to a zipper then to a pocket stuffed with a hand. A blue T-shirt with a Rolling Stones logo covers what appears to be a flabby abdomen. I gaze up at a face that distorts from my angle. The guy peers down. He’s not attractive, but not ugly either.

“You have the coolest hair,” he says to Stacy.

I’ve never considered Stacy’s hair cool to be honest. Guess I’m just used to it. But looking at it now I can see what he means. Far past her shoulders, it’s parted in the middle and each side gleams copper in the setting sun.

Stacy leans back and lifts her chin. “Um thanks. We live on the other side of the park.”

“You two from Slum Hill?” the short guy blurts.

“It’s Sloan Hill, “ I snarl. 

“Don’t mind him, he’s a dickhead,” says a scrawny guy, swiping at a thick head of hair too big for his body.

“You know someone around here?” the not attractive but not ugly asks.

“Nope.” I wonder the same about him. But he gazes at Stacy like he wants her to answer. Like I’m invisible.

“Your school the one being torn down?” he tries again.

Stacy does a hair flip. “Yep. We’ll be going to Carver this year.”

“Oh yeah? That’s our school.”

“What’s is like?” Stacy asks in her polite, doltish way. “Are the teachers strict?”

“Depends on who you get. Some are cool. Some are assholes. It’s sure gonna be crowded this year.”

The group continues down the road in their boy-pack parade.

Except for him.

“I could grab the keys and give you a ride home if you want.” He brushes aside straight bangs. “It’s a long walk to Slum−I mean, Sloan Hill.”

“You live near here?” I ask.

He lets out a laugh. “Yeah, real near.”

He points to my dream house, and the robin’s egg blue convertible parked in the carport.






Nancy Thorne is an award-winning author inspired by the romance and courage of youth. Her debut novel VICTORIAN TOWN won First Place for the 2019 Dante Rossetti Award.

Nancy's short stories have recently appeared in literary journals and magazines, including The First Line Literary Journal, The Blake-Jones Review, Edify Fiction, and Chicken Soup for the Soul.

Born and raised in Toronto, Nancy fostered a passion for creating stories in grade school but hid it much too well. Eight years ago she decided to pursue her lifelong dream of telling them.

Nancy is a member of Romance Writers of America and Toronto Romance Writers. She lives with her family just outside of Toronto along with an energetic labrador and entertaining corgi.



Follow the tour HERE for special content and a giveaway!

May 26
kickoff at Silver Dagger Book Tours
A Pinch of Bookdust

May 27
Nina Soden #TheRedheadedAuthor - GUEST POST
Literary Gold

May 28
My Plans Are Booked
#BRVL Book Review Virginia Lee Blog

May 31
Birdie Song – Facebook
I Read What You Write - REVIEW + GUEST POST

Jun 1
Romance - Sweet to Heat
Lady Hawkeye

Jun 2
Character Madness and Musings
Word Processor, Romance, Cats, Kids and Creed

Jun 3
Writing Dreams
Books a Plenty Book Reviews

Jun 4
A Reader's Book Corner
Books all things paranormal and romance

Jun 6
BookishKelly2020

Jun 7
Girl with Pen

Jun 8
Momma Says: To Read or Not to Read

Jun 9
Sapphyria's Book Reviews

Jun 10
Stormy Nights Reviewing & Bloggin'

Jun 11
The Sexy Nerd 'Revue'

Jun 14

Bedazzled By Books

Jun 15
eBook Addicts
Inside the Insanity - GUEST POST

Jun 16
Insane Books
The Faerie Review

Jun 17
Cover Love Book Blog
Musings From An Addicted Reader

Jun 18
Scrupulous Dreams
Sylv.net

Jun 20
Anna del C. Dye official page

Jun 21
A Wonderful World of Words - GUEST POST
Book Corner News and Reviews

Jun 22
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Twisted Book Ramblings

Jun 23
Midnight Book Reader
The Bookshelf Fairy

Jun 24
Craving Lovely Books
The Book Dragon

Jun 25
The CRASH Crew - REVIEW
nanasbookreviews

Jun 26
Valerie Ullmer | Romance Author
Teatime and Books

$10 Amazon giftcard – 3 winners! ,
ebook of The Somewhere I See You Again – 5 winners! 




No comments: