Wednesday, February 23, 2022

OFFICIAL BLOG TOUR & GIVEAWAY ~ SUNDIAL by Catriona Ward




Publisher ‏ : ‎ Tor Nightfire (March 1, 2022)
Language ‏ : ‎ English
Hardcover ‏ : ‎ 304 pages
ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1250812682
ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1250812681

Praise for SUNDIAL

“Sundial is a heart-in-the-throat smash.” ―Joe Hill, New York Times bestselling author of The Fireman

“Ward is surely one of the most talented writers working in the thriller genre today. This book will haunt you.” ―Alex Michaelides, #1 New York Times bestselling author

“Masterful...[A] must-read for fans of gothic literature and taut psychological thrillers.” ―Publishers Weekly, starred review

“As if we needed further evidence, Sundial confirms Catriona Ward as one of the brightest stars in horror fiction. As compelling and unique a voice for the 21st century as Shirley Jackson was for the 20th. She’s brilliant.” ―Christopher Golden, New York Times bestselling author of Road of Bones and Ararat

“Holy moly, Sundial plumbs the psychological depths and traps of toxic relationships, expertly mixing suspense, shocks, and menace. It's a wild, twisted family gothic unlike any you've read before, and one you won't soon forget.” ―Paul Tremblay, author of Survivor Song and A Head Full of Ghosts

“This novel is reminiscent of the best of Shirley Jackson and Joyce Carol Oates, and I cannot think of higher praise.” ―Thomas Olde Heuvelt, author of Hex and Echo

“There are two things you must know about Sundial. First, it's a great read, a genius piece of storytelling. But second, this is true horror, the horror of everyday life that we make ourselves blind to, horror that is brutal, truthful, terrifying. Catriona Ward knows horror.” ―Alma Katsu, author of The Fervor

“Catriona Ward has done it again with Sundial. Elegantly horrifying, this tale of a family's darker-than-dark past drives the knife in deep and isn't afraid to twist. It's a desert-dust nightmare with a scorpion's sting, and I LOVED it.” ―Emma Stonex, author of The Lamplighters

“It's a cracker, even better than The Last House on Needless Street. It was dark, and unsettling, and creepy and enthralling.” ―Lisa Hall, bestselling author of The Party

“A deeply dark and unexpected tale about families, love, hate, the long shadow of the past, and the redemptive power of storytelling. Clever, poetic and immersive.” ―Araminta Hall, author of Imperfect Women

“Absolutely, stunningly, heartbreakingly wonderful. A wild beast of a book.” ―Virginia Feito, author of Mrs. March


Sundial is a new, twisty psychological horror novel from Catriona Ward, internationally bestselling author of The Last House on Needless Street.

You can't escape what's in your blood...

All Rob wanted was a normal life. She almost got it, too: a husband, two kids, a nice house in the suburbs. But Rob fears for her oldest daughter, Callie, who collects tiny bones and whispers to imaginary friends. Rob sees a darkness in Callie, one that reminds her too much of the family she left behind.

She decides to take Callie back to her childhood home, to Sundial, deep in the Mojave Desert. And there she will have to make a terrible choice.

Callie is worried about her mother. Rob has begun to look at her strangely, and speaks of past secrets. And Callie fears that only one of them will leave Sundial alive…

The mother and daughter embark on a dark, desert journey to the past in the hopes of redeeming their future.

You can purchase Sundial at the following Retailers:
        


ROB
Pt. 2

I put Annie to bed and go to the bathroom cabinet. Here are the crowded shelves of a busy family with two children. I push aside old cough syrup, disposable razors, nail scissors, Irving’s diabetes medicine, my birth control pills, a water pick we never use, painkillers, a broken powder compact. I must clean this out when I have a minute. At the very back I find what I’m looking for: a full bottle of calamine, neck all crusted up but still good. I bought it a few months ago for Callie’s eczema.

Annie’s temperature is 101.5 and her eyes are even more unfocused than usual. I should have caught this earlier, I really should have. The stinging reflux of guilt washes over me. She scratches at her arm

“No, sweetie,” I say. I get her mittens from the dresser, fetch duct tape from Irving’s toolbox, and fasten the mittens to her pajama-top sleeves. I give her Tylenol and cover her in calamine.

“Rob,” Irving calls up the stairs. His voice is rough with morning. “Oatmeal’s ready.” He clears his throat, coughs. “And coffee,” he adds.

I sit by Annie and let the exhaustion take me for a moment. I always find my younger daughter’s presence soothing and conducive to thought. We have been on this merry-go-round for so long, Irving and I.

I make a decision tree in my head. Then I go downstairs to break the news.

Copyright © 2022 by Catriona Ward

Photo Content from Catriona Ward
                                            
CATRIONA WARD was born in Washington, D.C. and grew up in the United States, Kenya, Madagascar, Yemen, and Morocco. She studied English at the University of Oxford and later earned her master’s degree in creative writing at the University of East Anglia. Ward won the August Derleth Award for Best Horror Novel for her debut, The Girl from Rawblood, and again for Little Eve, making her the first woman to win the prize twice. Little Eve also won the Shirley Jackson Award for Best Novel, and will be published by Nightfire.



WEEK ONE
FEBRUARY 21st MONDAY Twirling Book Princess EXCERPT
FEBRUARY 22nd TUESDAY JeanBookNerd INTERVIEW
FEBRUARY 23rd WEDNESDAY Lady Hawkeye EXCERPT
FEBRUARY 24th THURSDAY Movies, Shows, & Books EXCERPT
FEBRUARY 24th THURSDAY The Avid Reader REVIEW
FEBRUARY 25th FRIDAY Gwendalyn's Books REVIEW

WEEK TWO
FEBRUARY 28th MONDAY The Bookwyrm's Den REVIEW
MARCH 1st TUESDAY Emelie's Books REVIEW
MARCH 2nd WEDNESDAY Under the Book Cover REVIEW
MARCH 2nd WEDNESDAY Nay's Pink Bookshelf REVIEW
MARCH 3rd THURSDAY The Book Review Crew REVIEW
MARCH 4th FRIDAY Metaphors and Miscellanea REVIEW

*JBN is not responsible for Lost or Damaged Books in your Nerdy Mail Box*

No comments: