Monday, November 25, 2013

Blog Tour & Giveaway ~ Fragile Brilliance by Tammy Blackwell

 
 
Fragile Brilliance is available on November 26th!
 
Maggie McCray has worked her whole life for the opportunity to attend Sanders College. It’s her one chance at becoming a world-renowned artist, and she’s determined nothing will get in her way. But when a murder brings Maggie and her powers to the attention of the Alpha Pack and the tragically handsome Charlie Hagan, her carefully planned future hangs in jeopardy.
 
Charlie Hagan isn’t happy when the Alpha Female assigns him as Maggie McCray’s personal bodyguard. Just being near the Thaumaturgic threatens to unleash the primal instincts he’s been suppressing for so long. Charlie knows if the coyote is uncaged, then the person he’ll most need to protect Maggie from is himself.

Teaser
 
With every breath they were drawing closer and closer together. Maggie’s entire body buzzed and tingled in anticipation.
 
“Who am I, Maggie?”
 
“You’re Charlie Hagan. Stratego of the Alpha Pack.” She breathed in the scent of him. Cinnamon and male. “You’re a fighter of demons and protector of innocents.” Unable to stop herself, she finally did what she’d been dreaming of since she first met him and placed her lips against his. It was just a fleeting caress, but she felt it deep in her soul. “You’re beautiful,” she said, knowing it wasn’t a strong enough word to describe him.
 
About Tammy Blackwell
Tammy Blackwell

Tammy Blackwell is a Young Adult Services Coordinator for a public library system in Kentucky. When she’s not reading, writing, cataloging, or talking about books, she’s sleeping.

How long have you been writing?
The first thing I ever had published was a poem I wrote in the sixth grade, so… awhile. (Bonus points if you heard that in R-Pattz’s voice.)

What make you like to write?
I love to read. Always have. I was that kid who, when shoved out the front door by parents who were convinced a child couldn’t be a child without fresh air and sunshine, immediately found a nice little hidey-hole in the bushes where I could get comfy and read until I was allowed back inside the house. When you love something as much as I love books, you want to be a part of it. Since I can’t crawl inside the pages and exist in Once Upon a Time, I’m doing the next best thing… creating my own Once Upon a Times.

Who is your favorite author and why?
Oh, good grief. There is no reasonable way to answer this question. I love too many people too much to even begin to narrow it down, so I’m going to purposefully misinterpret it and answer:

Samantha Young, because she is ridiculously nice and fun.

What are your favorite things to do besides writing?
Reading and hanging out with my 3 year old.

What was the hardest scene for you to edit out?
I once had to edit out a scene that took place in a Dairy Queen. I loved that scene because I felt like I really nailed the whole small town Dairy Queen vibe. Sadly, no one actually cares about a small town Dairy Queen vibe, especially when it doesn’t add anything to the story.

How, when and why did you first start writing?
I’ve been writing since before I could actually write (I was big on oral storytelling as a toddler), but I didn’t start seriously writing until 2008. I had been thinking about the book I would write for the teens at my library “if I only had the talent” when I attended YALSA’s Young Adult Literature Symposium and met some real-life writers for the first time. It was an eye-opening experience. I realized writers aren’t people who are magically endowed with this unknowable thing known as talent. Writers are simply people who wrote, and authors are people who didn’t give up. I started writing my first novel, Destiny Binds, two hours after I got home from the conference.

What is the best book that you've read recently?
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. It is perfect. Seriously. She got everything, including the modern geeky teenager, so right it’s almost painful. Read it. Read it now.

 
Giveaway
 
a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments: