Saturday, October 25, 2014

Book Tour ~ Interview with Be Careful What You Witch For by Dawn Eastman


Genre: Cozy Mystery
2nd in Series
Publisher: Berkley (July 1, 2014)
Mass Market Paperback: 304 pages
ISBN-13: 978-0425264478



Synopsis

Leaving a traumatic police career behind, Clyde Fortune has returned to her seemingly quiet hometown of Crystal Haven, Michigan. In spite of the psychic powers of its residents, there’s no telling what trouble is brewing in this burg…

The highlight of the fall festival in Crystal Haven is a bonfire with a witch’s cauldron resting over it. Clyde’s best friend Diana leads a ritual to divine the future, but it seems no one foresees that one of their own will drop dead—or that Diana will be a prime suspect.

 Clyde already has her hands full with her eccentric family, runaway nephew, and burgeoning secret romance with a hunky homicide detective. But after another coven member is attacked, Clyde suspects there’s a witch hunt afoot and focuses her psychic and sleuthing skills to clear her friend’s name and catch a killer.


About This Author

Dawn Eastman is the national bestselling author of Pall in the Family, the first book in the Family Fortune Mystery Series. She lived in Michigan for many years in a house full of animals, unusual people, and laughter. She now lives in Iowa with her husband, son, daughter, and one extremely bossy small dog.

Author Links

Interview

What kind of work do you like to do for fun?
I think writing is fun and I do a lot of knitting.

What make you like to write?
I have stories and characters in my head all the time. I love to see a germ of an idea turn into a full story, or a snippet of conversation become a character. And now that the books are out in the world, I love to hear from readers who have enjoyed their time in Crystal Haven. I am thrilled to hear that the books made people laugh, or allowed a couple of hours of escape from real life.

Who designed the book cover?
I’m very fortunate to be able to work with the Berkley art department. They have definitely captured the feel of the books in the covers they created.

Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
Seth is probably my favorite because he is a kind soul and relates so well to the animals. Vi is certainly fun to write because she is always up to something – usually some kind of trouble.

When did you start writing?
I’ve been writing stories since I was a kid, but put it aside for awhile to pursue another career.  However, writing was always there on and off until I finally decided to take it seriously. It’s one of the best jobs I could imagine.

How many books did you write before you were published?
I wrote one other mystery before I started working on the Family Fortune series. It was definitely a practice book, but a necessary learning exercise.

Any other books in the works?
The third book in the series, A Fright to the Death, will be available in April 2015. It takes place in a haunted castle during a blizzard. Clyde and Mac seek shelter and discover their mothers and Clyde’s aunt are there attending a knitting conference. Chaos ensues.

I’m currently writing book four in the series. Can’t say too much more than that – but there might be a zombie apocalypse.

Goals for future projects?
I have some non-mystery projects on the back burner, but I’m focusing on the Fortune Family for now – they keep me very busy.

Who is your favorite author and why?
I can’t pick just one. I read a wide range of fiction, so a list would include JK Rowling, Diana Gabaldon, Louise Penny, Tana French, Kate Morton, and Katherine Howe. They all write books I can’t put down.

How long have you been writing?
I’ve been in a critique group for eight years. When I joined them I started to focus on writing for publication rather than just writing for myself.

No comments: