Thursday, December 18, 2014

Book Tour {Promo Post & Giveaway} The Letting by Cathrine Goldstein


The Letting
by Cathrine Goldstein
Release Date: 12/15/14
335 pages





Summary from Goodreads

What if the Devil doesn’t know he’s the Devil?

This is the question Veronica “Ronnie” Billings poses to Phoenix, her sworn enemy, the leader of the Peaceful Revolution, and the one she loves.

Kidnapped by Phoenix’s rebels, Ronnie learns how wrong she has been. She had no idea that her patriotism was wasted on a corrupt government. Ronnie was proud to be a Leader; taking hundreds of harvested girls to the Letting facility. After all, she was saving them from future Couplings and bringing them to the safety of the New World. Or so she thought…

Confused, Ronnie realizes the only way to discover the truth is to trust her heart. Together, Phoenix and Ronnie devise a plan to stop their corrupt government and preempt the dangerous rebel coup which is approaching. But when their plan goes awry, will Ronnie be strong enough to save Phoenix, her country, and herself?


Buy Links


About the Author

Given my love for cities and all that is gritty, my new obsession with trees really has me stumped. (Sorry.) Maybe it's because trees are the inspiration behind my new YA/NA novel, theLETTING.

Whatever the reason for my new infatuation, some things remain constant -- like my love for: coffee (although sadly, it's now decaf); yoga; Luna bars (I am petitioning for them to bring back Chocolate Raspberry!); running in my neighborhood; Hemingway; Bukowski... and, above all, my husband and my girls.

I am the author of the bestselling novel, Sleeping With Mortals: The Story of a New York Mistress, and I'm also a playwright. I have my B.A. in English and my M.A. in Theatre.



My 10 Must-Haves, by Cathrine Goldstein

People have assumptions about writers – we’re quirky (often true), superstitious (sometimes, she answers while rapping her knuckles three times for luck), and antisocial. Well I know for me at least, it’s not that I don’t want to see anyone else, it’s just that I’m in an extremely committed relationship with my computer.

That said… what are those 10 things that I absolutely, positively cannot live without?

1) My husband and my girls. This is cheating, I know. But they are just spectacular and I love them, love them, love them.

2) Luna bars. Oh, it’s a bit of an addiction, all right. I nearly mourned the end of Chocolate Raspberry, and now I have a healthy addiction to Caramel Nut Brownie. How can anyone pass on a food called "Caramel Nut Brownie" that’s actually GOOD for you…?

3) My treadmill. That baby gets a workout. Some of my best writing comes during my run sessions. I listen to whatever song I’m using for inspiration at the moment, over and over, and let the scenes form themselves.

4) My car. Yup. I would love to walk everywhere, but I no longer live in the middle of Manhattan so it’s not an option. I have a bit of wanderlust. Gypsy blood. I need to constantly move. Sometimes, even my characters get exhausted.

5) My computer. I really, really, positively love to write.

6) Books. Any and all. I love to read like I love to write. I also love reading things outside my normal “genres” – I am an extremely adventurous reader.

7) Reruns of Law and Order. Any of the shows. It’s all that my husband and I ever get to watch together—we watch reruns on late night when I fall into bed, exhausted.

8) Yoga clothes. I love yoga, but I love yoga clothes even more. And really, what else can you wear when you’re chasing after two little girls and writing novels?

9) Trees and the outdoors. There’s just something…transcendent…about trees, isn’t there? Some of my favorite childhood memories are of being sprawled out under a huge maple tree, devouring a pile of books. Back before I was allergic to maple trees, that is...

10) My family and friends.

Giveaway

Hosted by

No comments: