Paperback: 218 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (October 24, 2014)
ISBN-13: 978-1502961587
Synopsis
From National Bestselling author Jennifer Fischetto comes a hauntingly humorous new series…
Gianna Mancini has chatted with ghosts most of her life. It’s never affected her much. Until now. The latest ghost in Gianna’s family-centric, boy-complicated, job-depleted world is Emma Tinsdale, a woman Gianna despises. Wanting Emma out of her apartment and her orbit, Gianna chooses to help her move on, but she doesn’t expect to come across poisonous jam, a vengeful cop, or a group of friendly clowns. When a relative is framed for Emma’s death, Gianna must dig deeper and faster to find out what really happened that fatal night on the beach. With help from her sister, her cop brother, and her ex-boyfriend, Julian, she gets close to figuring out the truth. But when the killer closes in, Gianna better watch her step unless she wants to become the latest member of the dearly departed.
Guest Post
Ghosts, or the idea of them,
has always interested me.
As far back as I can remember,
I’ve believed in the supernatural. I’m sure that comes from my mother and the
rest of her family, but while some of them only believe in a few aspects of the
paranormal world, my mom’s mind has always been widely open. It made ghost
stories all the more fun. We never viewed it, or at least I didn’t, as
something to fear. The unknown is simply unknown, which also makes it interesting
and the possibilities exhilarating.
But, unfortunately, for someone
who believes anything is possible, I only had a couple of experiences I
consider to be supernatural.
One was the night my brother
and I believed we saw a UFO flying past our apartment on Long Island. This was
in the late 70s, my mother was vacuuming the living room. It was nighttime, and
we were in my bedroom staring out the window, although I don’t remember why.
Maybe it was just our thing, or we were bored. I’m betting on bored. There
weren’t a lot of kids in the neighborhood who were my age, and I remember being
bored a lot. :)
Anyway, this object, in typical
saucer shape, slowly flew across the sky. My brother and I stared at it. Then
we discussed the shape and its comparison to an airplane, the speed, and the
probability. I was a young teenager. But we weren’t so young that we didn’t
know what a plane looked like. We wondered if we were seeing things…for a few
seconds. Then we screamed for Mom, but due to her cleaning she didn’t hear us,
and neither of us wanted to get her and miss the action.
She eventually turned off the
vacuum cleaner just as it passed. She didn’t doubt what we were told her. She
just wished she’d seen it too. And I truly believed we saw a UFO for many years
later. Now, I’m not so sure if that was one. Due to the shape and slow speed, I
don’t think it was an airplane, but it could’ve been something else from our
world. I wasn’t well versed in military aircraft. I’m still not, so who knows
what we saw.
My very first brush with the
supernatural went differently though. Rewind a decade.
Before my brother arrived, Mom
and I lived in a smaller apartment. I had a toy box with a hinged lid. The
sides of the box had some sort of nylon basket weave on it, and the top had an
inch or so of foam covered in thick plastic.
I was lying on top of it, on my
back, and my left arm dangled over the side, between the toy box and the wall.
Granted, I was a toddler/pre-schooler, so my arm couldn't dangle that much.
All I remember is that I felt
another hand, and it gripped mine. The actual memory is hazy, but I recall the
feeling of the fingers gripping mine, of the bolt of fear that ran through me
and made me jump up and cry to my mom.
She told me it was just a doll.
And I was plenty of them. I was quite spoiled. ;) She said I must've grabbed a
doll’s hand and thought it grabbed mine back. Despite my age, I knew that
wasn’t true, and I never considered otherwise. I always knew and still know
what I felt. :)
Years later, when I called Mom
on it, she told me she only said that to calm me down, but she had believed me.
Yay! ;)
When it came time to start
a new book series, I knew I wanted it to have a paranormal slant. Dead by the
Numbers deals with ghosts—just the souls of people who are now dead. Nothing
dark or demonic. It’s all pretty straight forward. And fun. Who says the
unknown can’t be hilariously fun? :)
About This Author
Jennifer Fischetto is the National Bestselling Author of the Jamie Bond Mysteries. Unbreakable Bond, her adult debut novel, has received a National Reader’s Choice award nomination. She writes dead bodies for ages 13 to six-feet-under. When not writing, she enjoys reading, cooking, singing (off-key), and watching an obscene amount of TV. She also adores trees, thunderstorms, and horror movies—the scarier the better. She lives in Western Mass with her family and is currently working on her next project.
Author Links
Purchase Links
Giveaway



No comments:
Post a Comment