Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Blog Tour {Interview & Giveaway} Drive Bye by Amy Saunders


Cozy Mystery
File Size: 1321 KB
Print Length: 174 pages
ASIN: B00J47HT0O
 
Add to Goodreads: Drive-Bye (The Belinda & Bennett Mysteries, Book Three)

Synopsis

 Belinda’s recent blunders have come back to bite her – and Bennett – in the monster cupcake. But they’re not the only ones with problems.

A car crash uncovers the body of an unlikely murder victim. But the more they learn about her, the more the answer to her death seems to lie in issues that reach far beyond Portside.

As the truth comes out, and Belinda’s personal life teeters on the breaking point, she takes life by the maraschino cherries, and finds help in very unexpected places.


About This Author

Amy Saunders is a mystery lover with a soft spot for humor and romance–and the ocean. She lives in Massachusetts, and loves to bake and watch movies. She’s the author of one mystery series and three standalone mysteries. Learn more about Amy and her books at her website.

Links


Purchase Links

Interview

How much of a story did you have in mind before you started writing?
I had a basic outline and timeline of the story, including subplots, and I had some specific scene ideas and dialogue I wanted to use.

Can you tell us what genre you write?
Cozy mysteries.

How do you cope with writer’s block?
Sometimes it works to take a break and concentrate on something else for a little while. Other times, I have to push through it. Then there are situations when I realize what I've been trying to do is wrong and I need to approach the problem differently. I also find taking a break and listening to music can really loosen me up.

Is there a message in your writing you want readers to grasp?
I just hope people are entertained. Life isn't always fun and a book can make the perfect escape.

What are you working on right now?
I'm currently deep into book four of this series, Overkill.

At what age did you discover your love of writing?
I always loved storytelling, and looking back, I actually loved writing stories from the time I could. But I became aware of it when I was about thirteen. I owe a lot of that to my mom. She recognized it and encouraged and helped me to progress.

What was the first story that you wrote?
I can actually recall a story from elementary school called "The Mystery Of The Golden Flower," which was pretty telling I guess! I just didn't know what it would lead to.

What do you like to read?
I love history, so I read a lot of historical mysteries. I also love YA sci-fi/fantasy.

If your book was made into a TV series or Movie, which actors would you like to see playing your characters?
That's a tough one. I'd say Blake Lively for Belinda. Brett Dalton for Bennett. And Zac Efron for Kyle. I'm not sure about everyone else.

Is there anything else you’d like to tell us about yourself?
Aside from writing, I enjoy baking and web and graphic design. And I turn to movies and music when I need a break.

Giveaway

No comments: