The St. Augustine Trilogy: Book I
Author: Doug Dillon
Author: Doug Dillon
Genre: YA Paranormal
Hello St. Augustine Fans! Let’s not forget the YA Paranormal Fans!
For FIVE days, the Kindle version for Sliding Beneath the Surface [The St. Augustine Trilogy: Book II] will be available FOR FREE on Amazon.com—a special promotion. Those days will be December 12th - 16th . Spread the word and tell everyone you know about this wonderful opportunity.
BLURB
In America’s oldest and most haunted city, St. Augustine, Florida, Teenager Jeff Golden is in trouble. Horrible dreams won’t let him sleep, and he is up to his eyeballs in terrifying, paranormal experiences.
Finally, Jeff turns to his girlfriend Carla, and Lobo, the mysterious Native American shaman, for help. But what he discovers is a lot more than he bargained for.
A ghostly presence linked to a local historic cemetery is not only threatening Jeff’s sanity but his life as well. And before he knows what’s happening, Jeff finds both himself and Carla pulled into one of the nastiest and bloody events in Florida history. It is a place from which they may never escape.
EXCERPT
“What?” Walton shouted, jerking his hand away from mine, and backing away from me a few steps. “You make no sense. You must be deranged.” For whatever reason, I noticed how badly discolored the man‘s teeth were. I don‘t know, I guess it was the contrast with Luis Pacheco‘s brilliant smile that startled me.
“There‘s no time, Lieutenant!” I said, louder than I meant to. Lowering my voice, but talking as quickly and forcefully as I could, I said, “Please, listen to me. The Seminoles are about to attack and you have to get away.” I thought talking to him about the Indians and the coming battle might work better than trying to convince him he was no longer living.
“Don‘t be ridiculous,” he replied loudly. “They would never attack without more cover. Surely our dogs would have sounded an alarm.”
“That‘s where you‘re wrong,” I said, my voice raised as much as I dared, looking nervously at the two lines of approaching soldiers in sky blue uniforms and black leather hats. On the hats, metal glinted as the sun broke through the clouds for a few seconds. I couldn‘t really tell, but the metal looked like it might be letters or numbers. A few of the soldiers wore a different kind of hat—blue, cloth caps, flat like pancakes. Captain Gardiner was still in front of the soldiers on horseback.
“Lieutenant, you and all your men are about to be slaughtered,” I said, “exactly as you were over 170 years ago. This is a dream world you and other soldiers recreate every year on the anniversary of the battle you are about to experience again.” Just as I finished saying the last few words, I saw Captain Gardiner heading directly for us at a gallop. Oh crap!
“Listen to him,” Carla said firmly before Walton could react to my words, really startling the guy. “We know you don‘t like slavery and you don‘t believe in removing Indians from their lands—”
About the AuthorDoug Dillon has been writing for adults and young people since 1984, especially in the paranormal realm. An award winning educator, he spent many years as a classroom teacher, school administrator, and coordinator of programs for high-risk students. Prentice Hall, Harcourt, Mitchell Lane Publishers, Boys' Life magazine, Learning Magazine and The Orlando Sentinel have all published his work.
a Rafflecopter giveaway








No comments:
Post a Comment